Friday, July 1, 2011

1987 Topps


I didn't care much for these cards when they first came out (although the Barry Larkin rookie is pretty sweet) and I don't care much for them now. Maybe it's because I wasn't a big fan of the 1962 Topps set and how it's suppose to mirror a poster applied to a wooden fence, but to me the concept was just plain stupid.....no other way to put it. The only other card I like in this set is the Pete Rose player card, but I guess that's only because I'm a huge Pete Rose fan. I see Pete as a tragic hero for baseball......a man that had a passion for the game and played hard whenever he took the field, but also a man controlled by an addiction that ultimately resulted in his ban from the sport. Sad story really. Just about as sad as the 1987 Topps design.

No comments: