Tuesday, July 12, 2011

1990 Topps


I collected this set religiously when I was 15 years old. Not sure why, but I think it had to do with trying to get one of the Frank Thomas rookie error cards that were worth a ton of money at the time....even though he wasn't a Red. The various colors used on the border of the cards was a nice change for Topps at the time, and most of the photos were clean and crisp, although they were still far behind Upper Deck on their product. While I did collect a mess of 1990 Upper Deck cards, I remained a purist and continued to collect Topps. While this is one of my favorite sets Topps produced in the 90s, I know it'll never be worth anything due to the massive overproduction of cards during this period. But collecting isn't suppose to be about money but rather the love of the game.....right?