Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1983 Topps


Can you say....1963!!! Again, another set made by Topps where it's nothing more than a rehash of a previous set. Don't get me wrong, I like both, but originality here this is not. Not only do both sets look the same, but both years end in 3! Maybe Topps was starting to toss around the idea of Heritage at this time with using old card designs for current players. The world may never know. What I do know is that I wish for originality and creativity, which Topps had a little during the 80s with the 1985 set, but not when you look at the 1980, 1983, and 1987 sets in particular. I do like the fact that in the 1983 set you'll see Seaver and Bench wearing the Reds uniform, but it's a little bittersweet especially since this was Johnny's last year in the big leagues. Time marches on, and waits for no one.

No comments: