Friday, August 19, 2011

1991 Topps Stadium Club


This is one of the few sets that I've ever had a desire to complete, and it's my favorite set ever produced by a company. When this set came out in 1991 (the year after the Reds won their last World Series) I knew I had to have it from the moment I opened my first pack of Series I cards. Sure it was expensive (around $10 a pack at my local card store) but I had never seen cards that were like this. Just look at the Chris Sabo card from this set. Full bleed kodak photography, gold foil, glossy finish on both the front and back of the cards, miniature picture of the player's rookie card on the back, and the list goes on and on. Sure it took a bit of money to put together and it's not as valuable as it was back in 1991, but I wouldn't trade my 1991 Stadium Club set for anything.

No comments: