Monday, August 8, 2011

1992 Topps


So here's another set that helped to add to the glut of baseball cards in the 1990s. I will say that I do have a soft spot in my heart for the 1992 Topps set. The photos weren't too bad and I liked how on the back of the card a picture of the team's stadium was posted below the stats. Although the era of the cookie cutter stadium was coming to a close, seeing my first baseball game in Riverfront Stadium was nothing short of spectacular. The 1992 Topps Reds set had a lot of competition, especially from it's pristine brother Stadium Club. Regardless, the simplicity of the base product sets will always have my loyalty than the super supreme high end sets that made their debut in the early part of the decade. So here's to you 1992 Topps Barry Larkin! I still love you no matter how much of a plain Jane you may be.

No comments: