Monday, August 22, 2011

2007 Topps


You can't go wrong with black! This set reminds me of the 1971 Topps set for some reason...probably because of the black border. But nevertheless, I like this set. Sure, there are those that argue that it's plain, bland, boring, or just an afterthought compared to Topps other products. But I see something totally different: smooth, suave, sleek, sophisticated, stylish. Need I say more? I do get a tear in my eye though whenever I look at this set and see Josh Hamilton in his Reds uniform and think about what might have been. Especially looking at the hot mess Volquez has become. Kinda reminds me of the Frank Robinson / Milt Pappas trade back in the 60s. For once I wish the Reds would come out on top when they decide to trade someone away. We can all hope, can't we?

No comments: