Monday, January 23, 2012

Finding Time to Blog Again

The past twelve days have been the most difficult I've ever had to go through. On January 11 at around 10:30 pm I received a call from my Mom in Cincinnati telling me that my Dad passed away a few hours earlier. While my Dad wasn't in the greatest of health the past few years, it was still a shock considering that when I saw him over New Year's weekend everything seemed OK. So while I've spent almost an entire year blogging about my passion for cards, I've had the opportunity to reflect on what's important in life.....family and friends. While I will continue to blog about baseball cards, it won't occupy as much time for me as it had in the past as I devote more time to family and less toward a hobby. My Dad left for me a legacy that treasures family above any material possession and I hope to do the same with my own family as well. Baseball will still play into my family as I hope to take my daughter and foster son to games to chat about what's going on in their life. But baseball is just a game that lasts for nine innings. Family lasts for all eternity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Play at the Plate said...

Family has to come first. My deepest condolences on your loss.

night owl said...

Sad to hear. I'm glad you're there for your family.

Greg Zakwin said...

My condolences, take care man.