Friday, March 30, 2012

I've Decided to Create My Own Card

So I've been tossing around the idea of creating my own baseball card. Not the kind that depicts players or mascots, but rather stadiums. I always thought a set that featured all baseball stadiums past and present would be such a cool idea. Imaging a set that had the Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, Comiskey Park, Coors Field, Progressive Field...or in the case of me being a Reds fan... Palace of the Fans, Crosley Field, Riverfront Stadium and Great American Ballpark. While the cards would feature pictures of both the outside and inside of the stadiums, it would have information about the stadium on the back of the card as well as a little factoid that's unique to each stadium. Anyway, I decided to give it a try. Let me know what you think and how I could make the design better.

2 comments:

Mariner1 said...

I like them. I would love to see some for Seattle past and present. I also wanted to let you know I run the 1979 Topps blog and today's Red card put a little love to your blog. Here's the link to it:
http://1979topps.blogspot.com/2012/04/47-fred-noman-reds.html

chelledge said...

I really like your card design - it would be a cool idea to get a group of collectors to design their own card - in one of the traditional card sizes (Topps, early Bowman, postcard, Turkey Red etc)and then trade them between each other the way artists do(I am a hobby artist and noticed the cool "trading cards" that artists are using with little mini art pieces on trading card stock that they swap at art shows). These "outlaw" cards might become pretty popular but you'd have to be careful of infringement issues...sign, even in giveaways the copyright guys are pretty severe.

Love to see this card with artwork depicting the old Pendleton Park, and Avenue Street Grounds in Cincy, as well as the Palace of the Fans ala' 1912.