Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Autographed Mini Home Plate

One of my favorite items I have in my Reds collection is this mini home plate autographed by George Foster and Ken Griffey. I wanted to try and get the starting eight of the Big Red Machine autograph this piece as well as Sparky Anderson, but with Sparky's passing, that's no longer possible.  Regardless, I'm still hoping to still get some of the members of the Machine sign the plate.  Foster was the 1977 National League MVP and a five time all-star for the Reds. As for Griffey, he was a three time all-star for the Reds. There's only one issue I have and that's displaying this mini-home plate with the rest of my collection. I'll probably build a custom display case for it since I don't feel like spending $40 on a case when I could put that $40 towards baseball cards.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

That would be one amazing and fun project to attempt... best of luck should you decide to pursue it.