Friday, September 14, 2012

1954 Topps

In my attempt to complete on 2012 card collecting goals before the ball drops on December 31st, I've once again become distracted in my chase. I shouldn't be complaining since I've been able to find a sweet deal on some 1954 Topps Redlegs cards on ebay from a seller who's south of me near Cincinnati. I've always been under the assumption that dealers that close to their club's hometown charge a premium for their cards, but that's not the case here. I've been able to grab five cards that I need from that year for around $4 a piece which, in my humble opinion, is a steal. I'm not really a fan of the 1954 Topps set. I feel that the design is terrible when compared to its predecessors in 1952 and 1953. Facsimile autographs are always nice to see on cards, but the giant floating heads next to the smaller action shots is terrible. Here's hoping that I can get back on track and knock out one of my goals before the end of the month.

No comments: