Friday, September 21, 2012

Edd Roush Autographed HOF Postcard

Even though it's not an autographed baseball, this is still one of my most favorite pieces in my collection. I love the fact that Roush not only autrgraphed the front of the postcard, but the back as well. Very sweet to have a double autographed item from the Hall of Famer. Obviously Roush played before my time, but that still doesn't stop me from admiring the fact that he played ball during baseball's Golden Age. I won't bore you with all the details of his career, but I will point out a few amazing statistics. While he played for the Reds from 1917 to 1926 he never had a batting average below .321. He won the National League batting title while playing for the Reds in 1917 and 1919 AND he claimed he never broke a bat during his major league career (Roush used a 48 ounce bat while in the majors).

No comments: