Friday, May 2, 2014

2nd Entry into the Album of Amazing

Yesterday I mentioned that I had started a new project...my "Album of Amazing". Today I'm going to showcase my second card to gain entrance into the album, a 1993 Topps Kirby Puckett. I was always indifferent of Kirby growing up. I didn't know what to think of him. I guess I always had a "meh" mentality when it came to pulling his baseball cards. 1993 was the last year I really collected before my hiatus from the hobby. As a senior in high school I was preparing to head off to college and cards were starting to lose their luster. Because I was always a Topps kind of guy, I shelled out money for a wax box and was pleasantly surprised when I pulled this card from a pack. To me, that's an amazing card...Kirby sitting there with a big stick. Puckett had power behind the plate and this card goes to show why. Every time I look at this card I'm reminded of Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing". A great song to complement an amazing card.




No comments: