Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Year in Review

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone has been enjoying the holiday season. With the start of a brand new year I decided it's a perfect opportunity to look back at last year and the progress I've made with the hobby. The past few years I've made collecting goals to try and keep me on track. While they've been very helpful, I feel as though they've pigeonholed me and it's taken some of the fun out of the hobby. This year I probably won't create goals but replace the list with a "10 Most Wanted" card list. This will still give me that ability to cross off a list when I pick up cards but it won't feel like a chore.

Looking back at 2014 I completed 8 of the 10 goals I had set. At first I was a little bummed that I left two unfinished, but when I looked closer at what I acquired this past year I have no reason to complain. So, what strides did I make for my Reds collection in 2014? Here's what I accomplished:

Not bad for a year of collecting. With the arrival of 2015 I have some ambitions plans that will hopefully come to fruition. I still plan on collecting vintage Reds cards and I'm hoping that I can complete the 1948-1951 run of Bowman Reds team sets. 2015 marks the 40th anniversary of the Reds 1975 World Championship. It also marks my 40th birthday! To celebrate the occasion I've decided to try and complete my Cincinnati Reds Man Cave! I realize you all have been hearing me speak about picking up items for the cave the past few years and it is my intent to have the room completed with pictures to share before the end of this year. Here's to 2015 and all the adventures that await us!

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Those are some pretty cool projects you're working on. One day I'd love to own the 1965 Topps set... but that's a little bit down the road. I will be tracking down that awesome Bench figure. Happy New Year!

Reds Card Collector said...

Thanks Fuji! Happy New Year!