Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Three More Rookies for the Book!

I don't think I've had to spend a single dime on any of the cards to comprise my Rookie Book project. I've been fortunate enough to sell my digital Star Wars cards on eBay that I've accumulated on the Star Wars card trader app. This past weekend I was able to sell another batch of cards and pickup the following three rookies: a 1987 Donruss Greg Maddux rookie, a 1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr rookie, and a 1990 Score Frank Thomas rookie. While I had originally wanted a 1989 Upper Deck Griffey and 1990 Leaf Thomas, I decided to chase the 1989 Topps Traded Griffey and 1990 Score Thomas cards because I had already acquired the Upper Deck Griffey and Leaf Thomas rookies a few years back to complete both of those sets. No sense having duplicates of those cards since I had always wanted the Topps Traded and Score cards when I was younger. So with that purchase, I've obtained 15 of the 40 cards for this project by selling imaginary cards and not spending a cent of my initial card budget. Not too shabby :)




No comments: